This baby booties pattern is simple, quick and won’t require any sewing (except hiding in yarn ends). I don’t know about you, but I hate sewing… a lot…. . Usually, I avoid knitting projects with major sewing (I like sewing, but not knitting and sewing together).
Now, no sewing is a good side of the story. Here comes the bad side – you have to pick up stitches. I know, some people hate it even more than sewing. If this is your kryptonite then this pattern is not for you and I’m so sorry for that.
I didn’t make mine with ribbons etc. I prefer baby stuff without them. But no worries – you can make your baby boots in any way you like.
The pattern is for two sizes: 0 – 3 months old baby and 3 – 6 months old baby. The design is quite flexible and stretchy because children are different and grow quickly. Perfect for a baby gift you know 🙂
- 50 g / 1,8 oz of DROPS Muskat
- 5 double pointed needles size 4 mm / US 6 (if you know that you knit loosly, then I recommend you to take smaller needles in size 3 mm / US 3)
- k – knit;
- sl st – slip stitch;
- M1R – make 1 new stitch (right-leaning);
- M1L – make 1 new stitch (left-leaning);
- ssk – slip, slip, knit together;
- k2tog – knit 2 stitches together
- p – purl;
- w&t – wrap and turn (don’t pick up wrapped stitch if not noted);
- when you see this: Rnds 4 – 5 [4 – 7] then note that Rnds 4-5 would be rounds for 0 to 3 months old baby and Rnds 4-7 would be rounds for 3 to 6 months old baby.
Cast on 6 stitches.
*Knit back and forth*
Row 1: k to end (k all sts);
Row 2: Sl 1st st, k1, M1R, k2, M1L, k2;
Row 3: Sl 1st st, k to end;
Row 4: Sl 1st st, k2, M1R, k2, M1L, k3;
K 30 rows (sl 1st st of each row).
Sl 1st st, k1, ssk, k2, k2tog, k2; (in this pattern – this would be the “toe” needle with 8 sts)
Don’t turn: (with second needle) pick up 17 sts from one side (this would be “side” needle), (with third needle) 6 sts from the heel (this would be “heel” needle) (with fourth needle) 17 sts from other side (this would be “side” needle).
*Knit in rounds*
Place marker if you think you may mix up your rounds.
Rnd 1: p;
Rnd 2: k;
Rnd 3: p;
Rnds 4 – 5 [4 – 7]: k;
Rnd 6 : k to last st;
*Knit back and forth again, turning where noted*
Row 1: ssk, k6, k2tog, w&t;
Row 2: k9, w&t;
Row 3: ssk, k6, k2tog, w&t;
Repeat rows 2 & 3 total of 6 times.
Longer instructions for this part:
- Slip last stitch from “side” needle onto next needle (“toe” needle)
- Row 1: ssk, k6 – now you have to k2tog, but you have 1 st on this needle, slip 1 stitch from next “side” needle onto “toe” needle – k2tog, wrap & turn (you’ll be wrapping a stitch from “side” needle)
- Row 2: k9 – only you have 8 sts on your “toe” needle, knit those 8 sts and 1 st from “side” needle – w&t;
- Row 3: repeat row 1 as before;
*Knit in rounds again*
Rnd 1: k9, w&t, ssk, k6, k2tog, k24 (k last st together with the wrapped yarn from beginning);
Rnd 2: k;
Rnd 3: p;
Rnd 4: k; (*YO, k2tog* to end of rnd – if you want to use ribbon etc)
Rnd 5: p;
Rnd 6 – 13: *k1, p1* to end of rnd;
Rnd 14: k;
Rnd 15: p;
Rnd 16: k, w&t;
Rnd 17: *k2, p2* to end of rnd (p last st together with the wrapped yarn from last round);
Rnds 18 – 32: *k2, p2* to end of rnd;
Cast off and hide the yarn ends.
Never miss a post or a pattern
Subscribe to get the latest + some extra