I don’t know about you, but I can sense fall coming. Do you know what I mean? That smell of autumn leaves, moist air that makes you feel like getting all wet when reaching out your hand, and a desperate desire to surround yourself with something cozy.
It’s a start of a knitting season ladies 🙂
It’s finally cool enough to comfortably knit and drink hot tea. Happily browse through Ravelry and plan for Christmas gifts (DO NOT tell me you have your list, and you’re half way on finishing it – I don’t want to know :LOL). Dig into a humongous pile of hats and shawls, and discover that you still missing some…
Oh, what a time…
Well, if you are looking for a pattern for a cabled hat – quick one – then look no further. This is it. And it’s perfect for men too.
It only took me two days (with breaks and all) to knit, and I’m planning to make few more (with that list in mind that I mentioned above).
Pattern is free, so go check it out here : http://yarnonthehouse.blogspot.com/2015/11/father-cables.html
- S/M Fitted (S/M Slouch, L Fitted, L Slouch)
- S/M to Fit Head: 19”-21”
- L to Fit Head: 21”-23”
Pattern states that you’ll need:
- Approx 440 yards of worsted weight yarn; 2 skeins of YOTH Yarns Father
- US 5 (3.75 mm) – 16” circular needles (smaller needles)
- US 7 (4.5 mm) – 16” circular needles (larger needles)
- US 7 (4.5 mm) – DPN’s
- 1 ball of DROPS Baby Merino; 50 g (approx 191 yards);
- US 3 (3 mm) – DPN’s
- US 0 (2 mm) – DPN’s for ribbing
I followed the chart for S/M Slouch and got a perfectly fitted hat. NOTE that I didn’t use correct yarn and it was expected. That was what I wanted.
Time it took:
2 days (maybe 4 hours + 4 hours or less) – perfect weekend knitting pattern
Pattern format: pdf
Knitting instructions: charts only
Level of skills: Intermediate (only because you have to know how to knit cables)
- Pattern link: http://yarnonthehouse.blogspot.com/2015/11/father-cables.html
- Pattern link in Raverly: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/father-cables
- My project page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PatternDuchess/father-cables
Never miss a post or a pattern
Subscribe to get the latest + some extra